Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Bernd Stramm bernd.stramm at gmail.com
Tue May 4 02:13:57 UTC 2010

On Mon, 3 May 2010 22:04:11 -0400
Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, May 3, 2010 at 8:22 PM, Bernd Stramm wrote:
> > On Tue, 04 May 2010 01:58:34 +0200
> > Kevin Kofler wrote:
> >

> >> The poll told us an approximate proportion, which is so far from
> >> 50-50 (72.13%) that we clearly have a statistically significant
> >> majority, also considering the sample size N=183.
> >
> > I'm not sure what the poll was exactly, but a sample size of 183
> > people makes it utterly meaningless considering the population size.
> >

> After all these years of academic studies, including graduate level
> Statistics courses, I disagree with your conclusion.
>
> Orcan

I disagree with the disagreement. For one thing, the poll can only
measure anything about the population that knows about it. That
population is a very small percentage of the Fedora users. And there is
no reason to assume that population is representative of Fedora users.

I too have years of academic studies, and I even graduated from a very
respectable institution with an advanced degree :)

Bernd

--
Bernd Stramm
<bernd.stramm at gmail.com>