Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Tue May 4 17:14:28 UTC 2010

Stephen John Smoogen wrote:
> Any one of those can invalidate the mathematical tests you say to run
> as they require random pools, controls on populations polled, and
> non-leading questions. People keep telling you this and you seem to
> keep ignoring it.

I know the poll is far from perfect. But it is the best we have and it is a
better basis for decision than somebody's guess which has no roots in
reality at all.

And unlike your motorcycle example, there is no provable bias into either
direction. All you can say is that the results MAY be false due to imperfect
methodology, you can't prove they are.

        Kevin Kofler