Res: Open Letter: Why I, Kevin Kofler, am not rerunning for FESCo

Martin Langhoff martin.langhoff at gmail.com
Tue May 4 18:23:12 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 4, 2010 at 2:14 PM, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> wrote:
> Some risks are so low that they're basically negligible. If the 2 options
> are keeping an existing regression (which missed testing) in updates for a
> few more days or risking the off chance that there MAY be another regression
> with a probability of 1 in a million or something in that order of
> magnitude, I'll take the risk any day!

Then do take that risk yourself. And propose to like-minded users that
they enable updates-testing.

Nothing needs to change in Fedora. Normal users use it as is,
danger-loving users enable updates-testing. Everyone gets what they
want.

You are missing, however, that the risks are much higher, and
materialise often. I've seen many obviously correct fixes explode
several times in my programming life.

cheers,

 martin.langhoff at gmail.com
 - ask interesting questions