Reasons for hall monitoring

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Tue May 4 19:59:00 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 04, 2010 at 02:45:53PM -0400, Seth Vidal wrote:

> This thread  is now closed. We've received repeated complaints about the
> redundancy of it.
>
> No further posts to this thread will be allowed.
>
> Thank You,
> Seth Vidal
> Fedora Hall Monitor
> https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Hall_Monitor_Policy

Clarification please, how does redundancy fit under the Hall Monitor Policy?

The basis of the Hall Monitor Policy is:

  The Fedora Board has adopted a simple motto for general behavior as a member
  of the Fedora Project. It is simply "Be excellent to each other".

There doesn't seem to be any lack of courtesy present in the thread yet.  So
it doesn't seem to fall under the current policy.  If "signal to noise" is
a valid reason for hall monitoring it should be added to the policy through
the appropriate process.

-Toshio