chrony as default NTP client?

Tom Lane tgl at redhat.com
Thu May 6 01:39:52 UTC 2010

Mail Lists <lists at sapience.com> writes:
> On 05/05/2010 09:35 AM, Miroslav Lichvar wrote:
>> With the latest improvements in the chrony package related to
>> NetworkManager and name resolving I think it is now good enough to
>> replace ntpd in the default configuration and the configurations
>> supported by system-config-date.

>  I think this is a terrible idea.

Yes.  I certainly wouldn't use it, and especially object to the proposed
strong-arm tactics of eliminating all configuration support for ntpd.
The case for making chrony default is weak enough, and the case for
throwing roadblocks in the way of people who prefer ntpd is nonexistent.

			regards, tom lane