GConf error

Toshio Kuratomi a.badger at gmail.com
Fri May 7 17:24:47 UTC 2010

On Fri, May 07, 2010 at 06:59:29PM +0200, Pierre-Yves wrote:
> On Fri, 2010-05-07 at 09:38 -0400, Colin Walters wrote:
> > On Fri, May 7, 2010 at 7:06 AM, Pierre-Yves <pingou at pingoured.fr> wrote:
> > >
> > > Would it be allowed to try to restart gconfd ?
> >
> > It would make sense to SIGHUP gconfd after new schemas are installed,
> > yes.  Note though we should really only be doing this once at the end
> > of a transaction when installation is complete.
>
> Thanks for your help, I will update the spec to do this.
> Would you have any advice/example on what would be the best way to do
> it ?
> Do you think it should be done on %postun as well ?

Something like this:

%posttrans
killall -HUP gconfd-2 > /dev/null || :

You might want to switch to using the macros documented here at the same
time::
  https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/Packaging:ScriptletSnippets#GConf

I don't know which version of Fedora those went into GConf though.

(Since this might be a regression in gconf2, you might need to still add the
%posttrans scriptlet wth the new scriptlets.  If Colin knows that this is
%a bug that won't be fixed in some versions of Fedora I'll add the killall
%to the appropriate point in the Guidelines.)

-Toshio