How this bug can come out of its dead-end? Any suggestions?!

Frank Murphy frankly3d at gmail.com
Sun May 9 13:28:35 UTC 2010

On 09/05/10 13:34, Hedayat Vatankhah wrote:
>--snip--
>>
>> Frank
>>
> Well, sorry but you simply don't get it! Give a Fedora DVD to a new
> Linux user and tell him to install it on his own system.
Then ask him to
> install Eclipse from DVD since he will most probably NOT opt to
> customize his package set in the installation process.

I have told you how to do this.

Make sure that he
> has no Internet access, and do NOT help him in the process. He will be
> certainly unable to do so. Then do this for him yourself and see how
> frightened is him.

Have not many given tips.

> If you get him an Ubuntu DVD, you'll see that he can happily use it
> without your help. And you'll see why he will think that Ubuntu is much
> easier than Fedora.

It is!, so what?

  If you have not see this at all, I've seen this
> frequently. Fedora sucks in this area for many years. I've seen it, so
> whatever arguments you bring; I KNOW that this bug IS very important and
> should be fixed.

Currently there are various threads, about what Fedora is targeted at,
those questions as yet rmein without a proper answr.

> Excuse me, I'm looking for a solution, not for wiping the problem
> statement.

The solution for a new user to Linux, give hime Ubuntu-LTS.
When he knows some more, give him Fedora.

Frank