How this bug can come out of its dead-end? Any suggestions?!

Hedayat Vatankhah hedayat at grad.com
Sun May 9 18:46:54 UTC 2010

On ۱۰/۰۵/۰۹  10:43, Alexander � wrote:
> sön 2010-05-09 klockan 11:22 +0430 skrev Hedayat Vatankhah:
>

>> No, the problem is this: PackageKit does not know how to mount a
>> removable media.
>>
> Why do you even need to mount it? Removable media is of course
> automatically mounted when you insert it (if someone is logged in on the
> console).

You can see comments 25 till end. I've proposed it once, but ... . I'll
try again!
But I'm just thinking if the problem with DeviceKit is not really a bug:
a process running as root is able to mount something using the mount
system call or just by calling the system's mount command, so why should
it be unable to do so using DeviceKit?! I wonder if it is reasonable!

Thanks,
Hedayat