chrony as default NTP client?

Jaroslav Reznik jreznik at redhat.com
Mon May 10 07:52:14 UTC 2010

On Sunday 09 May 2010 19:13:57 Kevin Kofler wrote:
> Jaroslav Reznik wrote:
> > I think it would be better to drop ntp support completely from s-c-d once
> > chrony becomes default in Fedora. We aim to support default Fedora
> > configuration tools. Radek Novacek is now working on date/time DBus
> > interface under FMCI umbrella.
>
> Speaking of configuration tools, we also need to have a look at KDE's
> date/time dialog. Currently, there is an option to enable NTP support, but
> 1. it doesn't notice that it's already enabled by system-config-date or
> Anaconda :-(, 2. it's quite lacking in options (you can only enable/disable
> it and pick one server (not even a list of servers), no other options), and
> 3. it obviously doesn't support Chrony at this time.
>
>         Kevin Kofler

I was thinking about it and I talked to Mirek Lichvar about it. We will
probably need a custom distribution path if we'd like to reuse system config
interface Radek Novacek is working right now. I don't like it but it's not
going to be upstreamable :( Same for other configuration modules... Another
possibility is to have own custom KCM (next to system-config-date).

Jaroslav
--
Jaroslav Řezník <jreznik at redhat.com>

Office: +420 532 294 275