Reasons for hall monitoring

Matěj Cepl mcepl at redhat.com
Mon May 10 09:18:54 UTC 2010

Dne 10.5.2010 06:54, Ralf Corsepius napsal(a):
> Have you ever talked to Ubuntu/openSUSE users and listened to their
> replies when telling them you are using Fedora?
>
> You will hear answers along the line of too much inconvenience to get
> multimedia working, too unstable (in the sense of low MTBF), "I tried
> Fedora once, but had suffered from xxxx-failures", no usable
> system-config GUI, ...

I heard these arguments many times and some of them are fair, but some
of them just are not ... how less difficult it could be to get
multimedia working than clicking on two links
(http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/rpmfusion-free-release-stable.noarch.rpm
and
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/rpmfusion-nonfree-release-stable.noarch.rpm)
and agreeing on the inserting new repository?

Matěj

--
This is a test of the emergency signature system. Were this an
actual signature, you would see amusing mottos, disclaimers,