Quake3 security issue and non-responsive maintainer: Xavier Lamien

Till Maas opensource at till.name
Tue May 11 22:14:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, May 11, 2010 at 01:26:53PM -0800, Jeff Spaleta wrote:

> How often does the AWOL maintainer process get used? Very rarely. If
> there were a lot of "unmaintained" packages I would expect to see the
> AWOL process be firing all the time as people reacted to missing
> maintainers.

I use the non-responsive process or active nagging quite a lot, since I
often stumble upon such packages (it already happend twice to youtube-dl
that the current maintainer did not have enough time). Thankfully the
start of the non-responsive process often leads to maintainers realising
that they have not enough time, so that they orphan their packages. It
seems to me that mentioning the non-responsive process is needed to get
some attention.

Regards
Till