Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Jesse Keating jkeating at redhat.com
Wed May 12 22:11:11 UTC 2010

> On 05/13/2010 02:37 AM, Bill Nottingham wrote:
> > There was an open ticket requesting Pino. There was not anything from
> > the maintainers requesting the games.
> >

> I did mention this on IRC but what is the criteria for pulling in the
> updates?  If I knew what would be reasonable to request, it would help
> for future releases.  I am also looking for guidelines on, what updates
> are considered a good thing.    Is the game update a problem?
>
> Rahul

I was trying to do away with the tickets for freeze exceptions, as I was
trying to do away with freeze exceptions outside of blocker bugs.
However there are a few bugs which we would classify as "not blockers"
but things which we "would take a fix for".  These generally start out
by being proposed blockers.

The process isn't perfect, nor all that documented, as we're exploring
as we go.  This is the first time we've done a RC phase with the no
frozen rawhide style of development.  I suspect we'll be better about
process and documentation next time around.

--
Jesse Keating
Fedora -- Freedom² is a feature!