Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu May 13 22:23:10 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-05-13 at 15:53 -0400, Josh Boyer wrote:

> If we combine that with requiring valid bug numbers before negative karma can
> be applied, then I'd be ok with that.  Until we require that, there are way to
> many corner cases where something like that isn't going to work well.

Really? I don't think there's *that* many cases where a negative piece
of karma is filed between the submission and the push which you'd want
to ignore. And even in the rare cases when that happens, if we warn or
even unsubmit the update, it's not like you can't do anything about it.
If we make it a warning...ignore the warning. If we make it withdraw the
update...just submit it again. I'm having a hard time seeing that fall
apart.

I don't really mind requiring bug numbers for negative karma (though, if
anything, I reckon that'd have *more* problematic corner cases in
itself). But I'm not sure it's really necessary for this.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey