Fedora 13 Release Candidate Phase

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Sat May 15 14:10:02 UTC 2010

> What is releng supposed to do here though?  We can't be experts in every
> package.  How are we to know that the negative karma is really
> appropriately negative, or bad negative, or just misfiled or confused
> users?  That's what the maintainer is for.

Let's be honest, though, practically speaking - in most cases - you
wouldn't need to be. All the examples of 'incorrect' negative karma that
Josh gave as the 'biggest' are ones that a generalist can usually
recognize quite well. And if it's one you can't confidently decide about
- get the maintainer in. It's better to be right than to be fast, isn't
it?
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey