systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

Casey Dahlin cdahlin at redhat.com
Tue May 25 14:21:29 UTC 2010

On Mon, May 24, 2010 at 09:05:31AM -0400, Tom spot Callaway wrote:
> On 05/23/2010 04:19 AM, Kevin Kofler wrote:
> > Lennart Poettering wrote:
> >> So far response from the community has been very positive, but we didn't
> >> have a fedora-devel discussion about this yet, so we'll have to see
> >> whether we can somehow make the broader community as enthusiastic about
> >> the whole idea as I am. ;-)
> >
> > I, for one, think systemd should be the default ASAP.
>
> Perhaps the first time I can recall that we have agreed. ;)
>
> ~spot

Any particular reason on either of your parts?

Just about everything in systemd is either set to be in upstart (simpler
dependency syntax, xinetd-style service activation) or was discarded by it
years ago (cgroups are a dead end).

The assumption that just because its new means its more advanced is in this
case a bit misguided.

--CJD