preupgrade / anaconda's final stage

Camilo Mesias camilo at mesias.co.uk
Wed May 26 11:15:29 UTC 2010

Hi,

I ran a couple of preupgrades to go from F12 to F13 last night and it
all went very smoothly. I have only one slight criticism and that is
that the final stage of the upgrade takes a subjectively long time,
during which the progress indication is a frantic bouncing progress
bar. What is actually happening at this point? I looked in the shell
and did strace of the processes running - they were making a lot of
system calls although I'm not sure how useful they were. vmstat showed
activity, some disk reads and mostly disk writes. Is there a better
way to show progress at this point?

-Cam