systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

seth vidal skvidal at fedoraproject.org
Wed May 26 16:49:18 UTC 2010

On Wed, 2010-05-26 at 18:40 +0200, Lennart Poettering wrote:

> Well, just to point out, Scott and I and Kay had a private email
> exchange just about this yesterday and the day before yesterday. Was
> kinda one-sided, the public discussion is sometimes helpful to actually
> force those involved to make real points, instead of wishy-washy
> comments...
>
> But anyway, I see no point on continuing that here either.

I didn't realize there was a previous private exchange. I was just
noticing the escalation in the discussion and it worried me for anything
useful coming out of it. Like I said - I was just making a proposal.
I'll step out of this, now.

It appears this subject has been picked up on lwn - so I'm certain there
will be a fruitful, productive and constructive discussion there.

-sv