systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

Nicolas Mailhot nicolas.mailhot at laposte.net
Wed May 26 17:54:43 UTC 2010

Le mercredi 26 mai 2010 à 19:39 +0200, Alexander Boström a écrit :
> ons 2010-05-26 klockan 10:01 +0100 skrev James Findley:
>
> > It's really not at all uncommon for me to need to modify an init script.
> >   There would be much rage if in order to do this I had to download the
> > SRPM, extract the init code, figure out what I needed to change, modify
> > it, recompile then install.
>
> Various ways to deal with that:
>
> 1. Change the Exec=/usr/libexec/food to
> ExecStart=/usr/local/sbin/foodwrapper

Won't work since one of the main things current scripts do is run some
code as root, and some other code as the target user.
Here you are forcing all the shell part to run as either the target user
(in which case the root parts won't work) or as root (in which case you
have to reimplement all the shell user changing logic systemd is
supposed to deprecate)

--
Nicolas Mailhot