systemd (Was Re: tmpfs for strategic directories)

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Thu May 27 15:13:16 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Kevin Kofler <kevin.kofler at chello.at> said:
> Editing the code is the wrong way to make "simple local changes".

That is only true if you can anticipate every task every system admin
will ever need to do with your tools.

I've edited init scripts for multiple reasons.  For example, I have
multiple instances of some daemons running, so I'll make multiple copies
of the init script and edit as needed for config/PID file locations,
etc.

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>