I need help with python-xlib

Jeff Spaleta jspaleta at gmail.com
Thu May 27 17:05:05 UTC 2010

Backstory.  I voluntarily adopted python-xlib when it was orphaned by
its original maintainer as it is part of istanbul's depchain.

The client side windows work that went into gtk has played havoc with
how istanbul makes use of python-xlib in the F12 timeframe. Thanks to
some other people, who understand how the new gtk client side windows
stuff works were able to help me track down the most frequently
reported crash condition and produced a patch for istanbul. I am very
much appreciative of that help.

But I think there are other problems associated with how python-xlib
is being used in conjunction to the switch to client side windows in
gtk  Not just in istanbul, but in gmixer as well.  I could really use
some help reviewing the crash reports filed against python-xlib and
the applications that use it, and see if we can't get the applications
or python-xlib patched to work correctly with the gtk client side
window stuff.

-jef