bugzilla bugzappers?

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Thu Nov 4 16:39:21 UTC 2010

On Thu, 2010-11-04 at 14:20 +0100, Christoph Wickert wrote:
> Am Donnerstag, den 04.11.2010, 02:15 -0400 schrieb Orcan Ogetbil:
> > The question is
> > Am I using the time efficiently? OR
> > Are the these tools  actually preventing me to be efficient during my
> > available time?
>
> How would they? You can ignore all bug reports, you can even set up a
> mail filter to not see them. Costs no time, so it is very efficient.
>
> IMHO ABRT is just an offer. It depends on you what you make of it. I can
> only encourage maintainers to care about ABRT bugs and push everything
> upstream, even if it might be frustrating due to the lack of feedback
> from both the developers and the reporters.

This is a way to look at it, but I'd suggest that if you're going to set
up a filter to simply ignore abrt bugs, you should at least set it so
that it auto-replies to them with a message to that effect, so users
aren't left looking at a dead bug report and wondering why.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey