Fedora 15, new and exciting plans
kevin at scrye.com
Fri Nov 12 16:35:54 UTC 2010
Fedora 14 was a pretty relaxing and stable release. I'm thinking that
Fedora 15 may be much more exciting. ;)
Things I know of so far:
* gnome3 / gnome-shell default
* removing a bunch of suid stuff in favor of capabilities
* xfce 4.8 (with any luck).
Things that are out there, but no idea if anyone is working on them or
if they might be ready by f15:
* grub2 (no one is driving for this that I know of, but has some
advantages over our grub1 if someone is willing to run with it, although
it may be a lot of work to get it to where we need it).
* btrfs (Is this ready to be default? :) If so, would that warrant a
change in our lvm by default setup?
* Can we finally remove hal? (xfce4.8 shouldn't need it anymore with
* Will NM finally be able to do bridging?
* Some kind of packaged wayland to play with, even if it doesn't do
Any other exciting work in progress that might land in F15 that people
are actively working on?
-------------- next part --------------
A non-text attachment was scrubbed...
Size: 198 bytes
Desc: not available
Url : http://lists.fedoraproject.org/pipermail/devel/attachments/20101112/b9f48166/attachment.bin
More information about the devel