Fedora 15, new and exciting plans

Paul Wouters paul at xelerance.com
Fri Nov 12 19:04:38 UTC 2010

On Fri, 12 Nov 2010, Kevin Fenzi wrote:

> * grub2 (no one is driving for this that I know of, but has some
>  advantages over our grub1 if someone is willing to run with it, although
>  it may be a lot of work to get it to where we need it).

I understood grub2 is much worse for serial console support. But that info might
be outdated by now. A good clean way of "boot once, fallback to failure on 2nd boot"
woudl be nice. With grub that is tricky because of redhat patches to it.

> * Will NM finally be able to do bridging?

I'd like to see L2TP/IPsec integration with NM. I know there is some work going on
there (and I need to do some of it myself as upstream)

Paul