The new Update Acceptance Criteria are broken

Clyde E. Kunkel clydekunkel7734 at cox.net
Sat Nov 13 00:09:27 UTC 2010

On 11/12/2010 02:32 PM, Tom Lane wrote:
> Till Maas<opensource at till.name>  writes:
>> <snip>
>
> It's absolutely crystal clear to me that we don't have enough tester
> manpower to make the current policy workable; it's past time to stop
> denying that.  I'd suggest narrowing the policy to a small number of
> critical packages, for which there might be some hope of it actually
> working as designed.
>
> 			regards, tom lane

Test cases would help alleviate manpower issues.  Many of the security
updates and regular updates are outside my area and I feel some
frustration that I have to bypass providing karma; however, I am used to
doing QA work with test cases.  Are they so hard to provide?  Maybe
certain updates should have test cases, i.e., security updates and
critical path updates.

Regards,
OldFart