Fedora 15, new and exciting plans - BTRFS

David Woodhouse dwmw2 at infradead.org
Sun Nov 14 21:26:51 UTC 2010

On Sun, 2010-11-14 at 13:03 -0500, Genes MailLists wrote:

>   > btfrs providing raid0 functionality.
>
>    Does BTRFS have the equivalent of raid 5 ?

I implemented most of what's needed for RAID5 (and RAID6) a year or so
ago.

It's waiting on Chris to do the final bits in the upper layers which are
required to ensure we only ever write a full stripe.

That should allegedly be Real Soon Now. Although he's been saying that
for quite a long time... :)

David.Woodhouse at intel.com                              Intel Corporation