Fedora 15, new and exciting plans (biosdevname)

Matthew Miller mattdm at mattdm.org
Tue Nov 16 14:55:30 UTC 2010

On Tue, Nov 16, 2010 at 09:24:26AM -0500, Matthew Miller wrote:
> Also, I gotta say, it really shouldn't be LAN on Motherboard, since it's
> just an adapter, not actually a whole lan. It should clearly be NIC on
> Motherboard, or "nom". And then you could silkscreen lolcats on to the
> servers, which I think would be a win for everyone.

For the bike-shed-painting record, I'm kidding about the above, in case that
wasn't clear. I do think lom is a bad choice, and am not convinced of a very
compelling reason to not use "eth", but I don't think it's worth an
argument.

(But, c'mon: the first one could be 'nom', the second one 'nomnom', and the
third one 'nomnomnom'. Delicious!)

--
Matthew Miller <mattdm at mattdm.org>