Updates Criteria Summary/Brainstorming

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Nov 22 17:15:17 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-11-22 at 18:09 +0100, Emmanuel Seyman wrote:
> * Adam Miller [22/11/2010 18:03] :
> >
> > As though swearing it will never happen is even possible to deliver?
>
> I believe that's Michael's whole point.
>
> The whole 'push directly to stable' arguement rests heavily on the principle
> that an update is always better (from a QA standpoint) than whatever it's
> replacing. The problem is that there's no way to guarantee this, essentielly
> because it isn't true.

I believe Kevin would say his position is that the update is better than
what's there already *sufficiently often* that allowing unrestricted
updates is a net benefit (the question is whether an occasional bad
update is a worse problem than some updates being delayed for a week or
longer in the case of untested critpath updates).
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey