The sale of Novell

Paul F. Johnson paul at all-the-johnsons.co.uk
Tue Nov 23 13:49:06 UTC 2010

Hi,

As you may be aware, Novell recently sold itself/merged/whatever to
another company with the transfer of 882 patents to MS. No idea what
this will mean with the SCO legal case, but hey.

My question regards Mono now. With the sale of Novell and MS gaining a
pile of patents, will this affect the inclusion of Mono and the mono
sub-packages into Fedora? I know the licence is OSS happy (else it
wouldn't be allowed in), but will the sale change this (change of
ownership, revokation of the licence etc)?

TTFN

Paul
--
Vertraue mir, ich weiss, was ich mache...