Urgent: today's F14 catastrophe with openldap-servers update

Chris Adams cmadams at hiwaay.net
Tue Nov 23 16:33:40 UTC 2010

Once upon a time, Jan Vcelak <jvcelak at redhat.com> said:
> Am I allowed to write some additional output in %pre/%post scriptlets? And
> shall I use stdout or stderr? I haven't found it in guidelines.

No, because there's no telling where it will go.

> This is the problem: The database migration could take a really long time. I
> have testing data with 56 entries (nodes) - exporting (slapcat) is quite fast,
> but importing (slapadd) takes around 10 seconds.

This is usually a problem of improper (or missing) DB_CONFIG (the
openldap-servers package should probably include one in /var/lib/ldap,
not just a sample in a directory where nobody will look).

Also, you can use the "-q" option to speed up slapadd (since you should
have a consistent database already).

--
Chris Adams <cmadams at hiwaay.net>