REVIEW/RFC: https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Kevin/Updates_Policy_Draft

Mark Chappell tremble at tremble.org.uk
Fri Oct 1 17:53:22 UTC 2010

On 1 October 2010 19:21, Orcan Ogetbil <oget.fedora at gmail.com> wrote:
> What I am trying to say is, a redesign of an interface _usually_ have
> valid reasons. Those users who don't want their menu items moving
> around want to live like automated machines. Forbidding such changes
> promotes lazyness.

No, they don't want to live like machines, they just don't want to
have to spend 5 minutes hunting for that blasted option that just
moved to a new menu somewhere.

Yes, the developers usually have good reasons changing things, but if
buttons and menu options are shifting all over the place underneath
people it wastes their time and annoys them.  It takes time to *learn*
where something has moved to, and some of us have better things to do
than relearning where the ticky box has moved to this time.  We'll
learn, but we don't want to have to learn something new when there's a
deadline looming on us.

Mark