docbook and glibc breakage [STILL BREAKING EVERYTHING]

Richard Hughes hughsient at gmail.com
Mon Oct 4 15:45:41 UTC 2010

On 4 October 2010 11:32, Jaroslav Skarvada <jskarvad at redhat.com> wrote:
> You can force grep-2.7 to silently process it (above mentioned way, same as with older greps) by setting POSIXLY_CORRECT
> environment variable. But all such REs are probably typos

Dude, that's so not the point. I have a f14 srpm that built fine last
week, and now fails to build. It's not my error as the sgml file is
valid. It's an error somewhere deep in docbook-utils.

Set POSIXLY_CORRECT to default in F14, and leave it like upstream in
F15. It's totally the wrong time for this kind of change.

Richard.