xulrunner 2.0 in rawhide (F15) bundles several system libs

Adam Williamson awilliam at redhat.com
Mon Oct 4 22:37:19 UTC 2010

On Mon, 2010-10-04 at 11:08 -0400, Brandon Lozza wrote:

> That's what i've been saying all day. It's only free software if you
> change the name, in which case you may loose brand recognition.
> Imagine if Linus forbid people from calling their OS Linux if they
> didn't use the binaries provided by him.

that's the entire point of having trademarks. Free software projects are
obliged to allow you to access and modify their code. They are not
obliged to allow you to benefit from their reputation. It doesn't make
any sense to say 'I think this product needs to be modified but I wish
to be able to represent my modified product as being the same thing as
the original product in order to benefit from the reputation attached to
the original product'.
--
Adam Williamson
Fedora QA Community Monkey