e4defrag support?

Eric Sandeen sandeen at redhat.com
Wed Oct 6 13:42:02 UTC 2010

Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> W dniu 6 października 2010 05:01 użytkownik Eric Sandeen
> <sandeen at redhat.com> napisał:

>> cool!  I suppose I could turn it on in rawhide, or you could just
>> build your own e2fsprogs to get it ...
>
> I already built my own version.

Ok, let me know if you can break anything! :)

(Some of my concern, which is admittedly hand-wavy, is the
kernelside design of the thing, but any outright breakage
of the current implementation would be good to find as well)

Some things to test would be attempting to defrag files
which are being actively written to / read from in various
ways - concurrent access, mmap, etc.  Also possibly testing large
and/or sparse files, files with extended attributes, testing
enospc conditions ....

If you find a way to break it we can enshrine it as a regression
test in the testsuite.

Thanks!

-Eric