Firewall settings unworkable

Genes MailLists lists at sapience.com
Thu Oct 7 00:20:53 UTC 2010

On 10/06/2010 11:26 AM, Thomas Woerner wrote:

> 6) Compatibility Mode
>
> The current static firewall model will still be available for
> compatibility for users or administrators creating their own firewall.
> This deactivates the firewall service and also the D-BUS daemon.
>
> -------
>
> Comments and additional information is highly welcome.

  I hope by 'compatibility mode' you mean it is 'completely off' and
there is no possibility of it touching the rules because its not running
in any form.

  Its vital for those of us who have hand coded firewall rules that this
is totally turned off and it is impossible for it to touch the rules.

   In my case, I have about 40,000 rules and I def don't want anything
else mucking with them!

   Thanks - its an interesting idea and the default firewall could use
some spiffing up for many use cases.