Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Liang Suilong liangsuilong at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 16:29:53 UTC 2010

I think anaconda is better than ubuntu installer.

Ubuntu installer does not support LVM and RAID. I need these features.

Anaconda does not easily support upgrading from internet. It is quite
regretful.

On Tue, Oct 12, 2010 at 12:14 AM, John Reiser <jreiser at bitwagon.com> wrote:

> On 10/11/2010 03:41 AM, Richard W.M. Jones wrote:
>
> > Some of the things [Ubuntu 10.10 installer] does which are IMHO better:
> >
> >  - starts disk formatting / copying / installing in parallel
> >    with asking user questions
> >
> >  - downloads updates in parallel too
>
> What was the wall-clock duration from "Go!" to done?
> Should be about 140 seconds for a 32X CD-ROM: (700MB / 5MB/s).
> {Fetch_from_media_or_download, and uncompress_package_to_pieces_in_RAMfs}
> parallelizes almost perfectly with package install, even with only one CPU.
>
> --
> --

Fedora && Debian User, former Ubuntu User
My Page: http://www.liangsuilong.info
Fedora Project Contributor -- Packager && Ambassador
https://fedoraproject.org/wiki/User:Liangsuilong