RFC: Upgrade Banshee to 1.8.0 in F13

Andy Shevchenko andy.shevchenko at gmail.com
Mon Oct 11 17:16:47 UTC 2010

There is the file in the source tree called 'Banshee.Mpris.addin.xml'.
It contains plugin info (? sorry, I'm not familiar with c# projects at
all), where
     defaultEnabled="false"

And commit which brought that support tells the same "by default it's disabled"

On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 8:00 PM, Nathaniel McCallum
<nathaniel at natemccallum.com> wrote:
> I don't actually see that as a build option in either banshee or
> banshee-community-extensions.  Am I missing something?
>
> Nathaniel
>
> On 10/11/2010 12:38 PM, Andy Shevchenko wrote:
>> Agree if the maintainer enables the MPRISv2 support there.
>>
>> On Mon, Oct 11, 2010 at 7:20 PM, Nathaniel McCallum
>> <nathaniel at natemccallum.com> wrote:
>>> I'd like to propose that we upgrade banshee (and
>>> banshee-community-extensions) to 1.8.0 in F13.  I estimate that this
>>> will close about half our open bugs.  Doing this will require the
>>> following package upgrades in F13:
>>>
>>> * clutter-sharp - Upgrade (I'm pretty sure Banshee is the only user)
>>> * gio-sharp - New
>>> * gudev-sharp - New
>>> * gkeyfile-sharp - New
>>> * gtk-sharp-beans - New
>>> * libgpod - Upgrade (0.7.93 > 0.7.95; bugfix release)
>>>
>>> The only thing complicated here is the buildroot override requirement
>>> and making sure that we ship the new banshee-community-extensions in the
>>> same update as the new banshee.
>>>
>>> Currently, I do not think it is feasible to backport this to F12, so F13
>>> would be the latest version.
>>>
>>> Thoughts? Comments?
>>>
>>> Nathaniel
>>> --