Ubuntu 10.10's installer looks rather nice

Farkas Levente lfarkas at lfarkas.org
Tue Oct 12 11:40:02 UTC 2010

On 10/12/2010 09:53 AM, Gilboa Davara wrote:

>> the other point of richards is what the whole fedora community and
>> redhat should have to understand: "most users like ubuntu rather then
>> fedora/redhat". why? because:
>> -... better is what most user like. period.
>
> Following your simplistic logic, we should mimic the Windows Vista/7 UAC
> (Even if it's insecure by design) or even consider running as root by
> default, why?

with "better" i simple refer here to the style (ie. which one looks
better) it's nothing to do functionality or security. of course if you
wouldn't like to understand that's a different story.

ps. and yes most of the case windows and windows apps looks better the
linux and we'd have to learn a lot from them.