Packaging dwm

Rudolf Kastl che666 at gmail.com
Wed Oct 13 09:31:22 UTC 2010

2010/10/13 Petr Sabata <psabata at redhat.com>:
> Hey,
>
> I've been thinking about packaging dwm [1] since we already ship dmenu and
> dzen2. I wonder if anybody would be interested in this fine window manager
> (except for me).
>
> The problem here: dwm is configured solely in C and has to be recompiled
> every time a user wants to change their settings (appearance, behavior,
> shortcuts, etc). In my opinion, we could do it like this:
>
>    - install a Fedora preconfigured version along with dwm sources
>    - copy its configuration (C header file) to some fixed location for
>      user to customize
>    - provide a script to recompile dwm locally using the local
>      configuration file
>
> Would this be acceptable for a window manager in Fedora?  Would anybody be
> interested in this? :)

Well i have packages here of dwm and wmii. Personally i like both of
them but the default configuration has the problem that the default
key for triggering functionality doesent work in all keyboard
mappings. wmii is probably easier to package. if you need help with
that drop me an email.

kind regards,
Rudolf Kastl