Building mono-2.8 for 64 bit - possible solution to the problem

Kevin Kofler kevin.kofler at chello.at
Wed Oct 13 23:47:14 UTC 2010

Paul F. Johnson wrote:
> In file included from sgen-gc.c:784:0:
> sgen-los.c: In function 'los_scan_card_table':
> sgen-los.c:482:21: warning: initialization from incompatible pointer
> type
> sgen-los.c:501:15: warning: comparison of distinct pointer types lacks a
> cast

Those might be 64-bit-safety issues, depending on what the 2 offending
pointer types are.

> sgen-gc.c: At top level:
> sgen-cardtable.c:229:1: warning: 'collect_faulted_cards' defined but not
> used

This is harmless.

> {standard input}: Assembler messages:
> {standard input}:24487: Error: @TLSLDM reloc is not supported with
> 64-bit output format
> {standard input}:24487: Error: junk `@tlsld' after expression
> make[3]: *** [libmonoruntimesgen_la-sgen-gc.lo] Error 1

This is the error. Is there any inline assembly being used? I suspect that
there's 32-bit-only inline assembly involved here (unless it's C code being
compiled to assembly with -m32 and then assembled as 64-bit or some other
completely stupid thing like that, but inline assembly is my #1 suspect).

        Kevin Kofler