Java3D?

Dr Andrew John Hughes ahughes at redhat.com
Mon Oct 18 10:53:02 UTC 2010

On 12:53 Sun 17 Oct     , Eric Smith wrote:
>   Has anyone worked on packaging Java3D for Fedora?  Or is there any
> reason that it wouldn't be acceptable for inclusion in Fedora?
>
> I haven't really looked into packaging Java3D yet, but I want to package
> ReplicatorG, which is used to control 3D printers such as the MakerBot
> and RepRap, and it depends on Java3D.  If no one else is working on
> packaging it, I'm willing to give it a try.
>
> Thanks,
> Eric
>
> --

It at least now looks like the license is suitable for Fedora; GPLv2 + Classpath
exception for the core, and BSD for vecmath and the utilities, along with the MIT
license on some headers:

https://j3d-core.dev.java.net/
--
Andrew :)

Free Java Software Engineer
Red Hat, Inc. (http://www.redhat.com)

Support Free Java!
http://www.gnu.org/software/classpath
http://openjdk.java.net
PGP Key: 94EFD9D8 (http://subkeys.pgp.net)
Fingerprint = F8EF F1EA 401E 2E60 15FA  7927 142C 2591 94EF D9D8