F14 youtube support?

Eelko Berkenpies kaboon at gmail.com
Thu Sep 2 06:39:14 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 2, 2010 at 7:59 AM, Nicu Buculei <nicu_fedora at nicubunu.ro>wrote:

> On 09/02/2010 03:07 AM, Stephen Gallagher wrote:
> >
> > On 09/01/2010 07:59 PM, Michał Piotrowski wrote:
> >>
> >> So? Is there any way to use youtube on Fedora?
> >
> > Well, the version of Mozilla Firefox in Fedora 14 should support WebM,
> > so try this: http://www.youtube.com/html5
>
> This is incorrect, F14 is stuck with Firefox 3.6.x, which is unable of
> WebM playback, so for HTML5 support on YouTube the solution is to use
> either Epiphany or a Firefox 4 build from Remi's repo.
>
> --
> nicu :: http://nicubunu.ro :: http://nicubunu.blogspot.com/
> --

Tom "Spot" Callaway also has a very nice dedicated repository for Firefox 4;
http://repos.fedorapeople.org/repos/spot/

I personally prefer this one because it doesn't pull in other updates from
Remi's repo (yeah, I know I could exclude those but I'm very lazy). ;)

--
Eelko Berkenpies
http://berkenpi,es