F12/ Cannot update

Thomas Janssen thomasj at fedoraproject.org
Wed Sep 15 07:53:21 UTC 2010

On Tue, Sep 14, 2010 at 11:50 PM, Michael Cronenworth <mike at cchtml.com> wrote:
> Andrea Musuruane wrote:
>> Why xulrunner has been built against this and pushed to stable?
>
> Because Firefox/Thunderbird maintainers have the ability to
> Push-To-Stable regardless of what the Fedora package policies say. Harrumph.
>
> I have previously complained of this fact before when these packages
> broke things but my complaints fell on deaf ears. What is the correct
> course of action to stop this nonsense?

File a ticket with FESCo. We should have "*all* packages go trough
updates-testing, regardless of who's the maintainer or what's the
reason of an update". If FESCo finds out that this is a bug (some
packages can be pushed to stable directly) in Bodhi, fix it, ASAP.

<rant>
My security fix build was rejected going to stable directly, because
it could break anything (freeciv game), so i expect critical packages
for end users have to go trough as well.
</rant>

--
Best regards
Thomas