Meeting summary/minutes from today's FESCo meeting (2010-09-14)

Bruno Wolff III bruno at wolff.to
Wed Sep 15 12:28:32 UTC 2010

On Wed, Sep 15, 2010 at 11:27:07 +0100,
  M A Young <m.a.young at durham.ac.uk> wrote:

> I agree. I was worried when systemd appeared in F14 just before the alpha.
> Really we should have been much closer to where we are now at the start of
> the alpha phase, and systemd should have gone in soon after F13 was forked
> off.

This is pretty much my feeling on this too. There really isn't that much
time left before final freeze and there are still some backwards
compatibility quirks that need to be dealt with (by prominent documentation or
elimination) or we are going to cause pain for sysadmin type users.

I think things will go a lot smoother having an F15 release. And we can
still get the followon improvements originbally planned for F15, as that
development doesn't need to wait just because the basic support was slipped
to F15.