A way to keep systemd running on F14?

Tomasz Torcz tomek at pipebreaker.pl
Thu Sep 16 07:58:31 UTC 2010

On Thu, Sep 16, 2010 at 09:44:31AM +0200, Mildred Ki'Lya wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm quite disappointed at the decision yesterday to defer systemd to
> F15. I can understand why it was decided (such a core component must be
> introduced with care) but I was under the impression that systemd was
> already polished enough so it could be shipped.
>
> I upgraded my system to F14 alpha few weeks ago when I learned that
> systemd was part of it. And now, I see that yum want to revert back to
> upstart.
>
> What I'm asking here is **how can I keep systemd?**

  I've put “exclude=upstart*” in my /etc/yum.conf and it seems to
work fine.  It's not a perfect solution – one need to pay attention
to upstart changelog and update if necessary.

--
Tomasz Torcz              ,,If you try to upissue this patchset I shall be seeking
xmpp: zdzichubg at chrome.pl   an IP-routable hand grenade.'' -- Andrew Morton (LKML)