fedpkg workflow and release numbers

Christoph Höger choeger at cs.tu-berlin.de
Sun Sep 19 14:40:16 UTC 2010

Hi all,

since I keep offlineimap the same version for the latest stable (that I
got my hands on) + devel versions, my fedpkg workflow looks like:

1. master> build package

2. f14> git pull origin master && fedpkg push && fedpkg build ...

3. f13> git pull origin master && fedpkg push && fedpkg build ...

I think this is how git should be used in that case (no difference
between all branches). But this means taking the release number from
step 1 through all steps (e.g. building offlineimap-6.2.0-2.fc14 without
ever building offlineimap-6.2.0-2.fc14). Is that ok in terms of fedora
package policies?