What's this /run directory doing on my system and where does it come from?

Marian Ganisin mganisin at redhat.com
Fri Apr 1 07:07:55 UTC 2011

On Fri, Apr 01, 2011 at 05:32:04AM +0200, Ralf Corsepius wrote:
> On 03/31/2011 01:22 PM, Lennart Poettering wrote:
> > The system. dracut, systemd, udev, and so on -- which all are components
> > of the OS.
> All applications.

Ralf, did anybody already asked you what do you understand under the term
'system'?

Did you answer?

If 'no' is the answer for both questions (otherwise please point me to
correct place), here it is:

What do you understand under the term 'system'?

It looks like your definition of 'system' could really differ from the
common one. "Everybody" understands init is part of *system*,
"everybody" understands initrd is part of *system*, "everybody"
understands udev is part of *system*. "Everybody" understands directory
used by these parts of system is *system* directory. Why don't you?

--
Regards,
Marian