Different spec for el5

Sergio Belkin sebelk at gmail.com
Sat Apr 2 14:02:50 UTC 2011

Hi fedora community,

I maintain ftop package. I've made fedora and el6 packages. Taking
account different requirements for epel5 packages, now I'd want to
make an el el5 package. It's not clear what i should do.

1. If I create an new spec with conditionals touch fedora packages and
el6 but does make sense increase EVR only for it?
2. If I create a modified spec for el5, should I increase the EVR? Can
a package have a different EVR of el6 and fedora ones? Or can an el5
package has the same EVR that el6 and fedora ones but different
content?

Thanks in advance!
Sergio Belkin  http://www.sergiobelkin.com
Watch More TV http://sebelk.blogspot.com