preupgrade f13 to f14 hangs on reboot

Przemek Klosowski przemek.klosowski at nist.gov
Mon Apr 4 14:55:35 UTC 2011

On 04/03/2011 06:04 PM, Steve Clark wrote:
> I am trying to use preupgrade a fedora 13 system to fedora 14. When I
> reboot the system just
> hangs.
>
> The hardware is a Jetway MB with an intel D510 cpu and 2 GB of memory
> sata drive.
>
> All I see on reboot is a blinking cursor in the upper left corner of the
> screen.
> I have to ctl-alt-del to get out of the hang.

It looks like it stopped booting, so either your boot environment got
damaged or the F14 kernel fails on your machine.  Does the Fedora 14
Live CD boot successfully for you? Do you have enough space in the /boot
partition? Can you boot the Live CD, spacebar into the grub menu and try
booting off the local hard disk?