[Test-Announce] Fedora 15 Beta RC1 Available Now!

Dennis Gilmore dennis at ausil.us
Fri Apr 8 17:55:45 UTC 2011

On Friday, April 08, 2011 12:37:17 PM Christopher Aillon wrote:
> On 04/07/2011 08:38 PM, Andre Robatino wrote:
> > Fedora 15 Beta RC1
>
> Please don't mix "beta" and "RC" together.  "Beta" and "RC" are two
> distinct parts of the release cycle, so it's confusing to see them
> together, just like it would be confusing to see an announcement about
> "alpha beta".

Chris its the teminology we have always used.
each phase has a series of release candidates.

for alpha we do a series of RC composes until we get one that meets the
release criteria,  it then becomes the alpha release.

for beta we do a series of RC composes until we get one that meets the release
criteria, it then becomes the beta release.

for GA we do a series of RC composes until we get one that meets the release
criteria, it then becomes the GA release.

Its the way we do it.

Dennis