Vala 0.12 is out -- thoughts on updating the F-14 package?

Peter Robinson pbrobinson at gmail.com
Mon Apr 11 10:54:04 UTC 2011

On Mon, Apr 11, 2011 at 11:36 AM, Rahul Sundaram <metherid at gmail.com> wrote:
> On 04/11/2011 04:02 PM, Michel Alexandre Salim wrote:
>> Hello all,
>>
>> Now that Vala 0.12 is out, Renich has inquired whether we can update the
>> F-14 package.
>>
>> I wouldn't push an update unless all packages that require Valencia can
>> be built against 0.12 without a major update -- F-14, after all, is a
>> stable release -- so if possible, would the package maintainers let me
>> know if this is currently possible?
>
> Why is this update a benefit for Fedora 14?  Does it break any
> compatibility?  Have you done any testing with the affected packages?

With the question of "would the package maintainers let me know if
this is currently possible?" my guess would be no, but then it was a
question.

I think the shipping version of shotwell will have issues if it needs
to be recompiled but its worth noting that as vala only generates C
code which is then run native that apps shouldn't be affected. That
said I don't have the time to go through and test my list of vala
packages at the moment.

Peter